Sunday, September 12, 2010

Dr.Dunston Lecture

Tamika Philip

During this week’s lecture with Dr. Dunston I was able to understand the human genome and its relation to the lives we live today. Before Dr. Dunston’s lecture, I always viewed the human genome, as our genetic makeup/ DNA. Although Dr. Dunston was only able to complete her introduction, I still was able to gain a lot of knowledge through her intro. She stated that ninety-nine percent of everyone’s DNA is identical, and that the one percent is what makes us all different. Dr. Dunston also stated that DNA is indeed the gift of life, and identity defines one’s purpose in life. “No one is the same…we are all unique”, said Dr. Dunston. I concur with her because even identical twins are different in their own special way. Dr. Dunston seems to be very interested in the youth at Howard University. Throughout her lecture I felt as if I was listening to one of my guardians lecture me, due to her compassionate tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment