Friday, December 3, 2010

Dr. Dunston

This was one of the roughest weeks I have had in many years and it made college for me a little bit tougher. This week I was very ill and my throat was closed up almost and I had to go to the hospital to get the proper care. My adventure began Tuesday morning to the Howard University clinic to see about my sore throat that was preventing me from eating. I waited in a long line to finally get service at the clinic finally a saw a doctor, but I felt as he did not know what he was talking about. He asked me if I had any allergies I told him that I did not have any allergies then he proceeded to check my throat it turned out that I did not have strep throat he could not figure what it was. So he prescribed me allergy medicine any ways. I felt weird about him giving the medication since I do not have allergies but I thought to myself that he is a doctor and he maybe might know what he was talking about. I went to the CVS to pick up my prescription and took the largely sized pill but it did not reduce the swelling or closing up. The next day I still felt the same so I decided to make a trip to the emergency room to get the proper attention there I received the right diagnosis and was given the right medication my throat is now opening up and I feel a lot better. I know I was unable to attend Dr. Dunstons lecture I am pretty sure that I would have found it pretty interesting especially if it was about the human genome center I have always wonder what exactly is it maybe in the near future I can ask her myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment